Things were much more relaxed by the time I walked him back to the Ritz - which was along the way to my South Beach condo. When we passed a homeless man along the way he made a bit of a show of opening up his fat leather billfold and producing a dollar — “There but for the grace of God…” he remarked melodramatically — and I gave him a lot of heat for that, because who exactly did he think he was kidding? I said give the man a job. Heck, you’re the head of a bank! But when we reached the hotel entrance, the tension returned. He got this funny look on his face, and asked:
- me: god this debate is making me so insane
- pressler: which one
- me: about goldman
- pressler: which one
- I am so over it
- me: well, it's just shitty because no one seems to get that the SEC has been like systematically barred from enforcing any laws at all for the last 5 years
- so it is like, you know, when a few kids die of alcohol poisoning at a "party school" and then suddenly the cops start citing
- Goldman is just the first bar they raided
- it may not be the most egregious
- like, i remember at Penn.
- Goldman would be Smokey Joe's, and Citigroup would be this place down at 44th and spruce called Murph's that let me in as a pre-frosh with an asian girl's ID
- Raiding Goldman "sends a message" better that you're gonna start actually enforcing the law.
- Get the message, stupid public!
My dispatch from a Wall Street Tea Party can be found on AOL Daily Finance or, if you prefer the unedited version — and GUESS WHO DOES — it’s after the jump.
Yes, I am officially that unemployed. I probably wouldn’t be driven to such a measure if I could figure out how to fucking “jump” a post on Tumblr. But also Matt Taibbi is over there, as it appears are many of the people with whom I once got paid to work at TIME and various other lofty media establishments. And there’s a guy who calls his blog “The Undersharer,” what the fuck. Please help me stick it to that guy’s traffic. That’s all for now.
Change your twitter settings to say you are in the Tehran timezone, and change your location to Tehran.
Iranian censors are filtering by these settings to find dissidents, by doing this you can make things a bit more difficult for them.
hello, what is wrong with these so-called “dissidents” that their twitter settings say “Tehran”??? Don’t they fucking live in Iran? A better idea would be if we all started Twittering in Farsi. I mean duh.
Andrew Sullivan has been one of the most vocal advocates of a moderate, nuanced “appreciation of the shades-of-gray” approach to abortion policy, but he maybe should have hired a girl intern to screen those dubious “Personal Choice” first-person abortion stories he has been posting on his blog because I am pretty sure these ones are fake.